Friday, May 8, 2009

Kaelen Patri Turning 1

It is so incredibly surreal and bittersweet!

I can’t believe it’s already here I just want to keep her my little baby, who needs only me, forever. I miss her being 7lbs and 19 inches long, I miss her little tiny cry, and I miss putting her to sleep on my chest and her not even reaching from my shoulders to my belly button…she’s not my little baby anymore.

Yet…I am so excited for the new things we’re going to do together. I love that she says “Momma” and “Dadda” and “hi” and “Ball”, I love that she has her own personality. I love that she laughs and plays hide and seek. I love that she is fearless and tries everything. I love when she wraps her arms around my neck and puts her head on my shoulder. I love that sooner then later she will be walking and making sentences and she will be able to tell Kyle and I exactly what she wants and doesn’t want. I can’t wait for those first steps, when she stumbles and looks up at us to make sure she’s ok. I can’t wait for her first day at preschool or her first time riding a bike. I can’t wait for her first boyfriend and her first heart brake…to be her best friend and the one person she wants to talk to. Her whole life excites me and scares the crap out of me at the same time!!

Kaelen is by far the best thing in our life. She’s changed us for the better and I am looking forward to watching her grow…just didn’t really think it would happen so fast.
Tomorrow we wil the throwing her 1st birthday party. Most of you will be there to celebrate with us and for that we're thankful! As for our family that is to far to be with us, Ihope you've enjoyed watching our baby girl grow and I will post tons of pictures in a few days!

No comments: