Tuesday, August 19, 2008

She’s here she’s here!!!!

Kaelen Patri Jones is here! Finally! And I must say that she is already her mother’s daughter, not a fan of being late. Baby KPJ was born on her due date and this is how it all went down…

Going to the hospital was by far the most excited and anxious I have been in my whole 24 years. Not one ounce of me was scared I couldn’t wait to meet the most important person in my life. Every minute of labor was well worth the outcome!

Kyle and I went into the hospital at about 11p.m. on May 8th knowing that we would be coming home with the best present sweet baby Jesus could every give us.

We left our house when my contractions were 5-6 minutes apart (like we were told) thinking that this meant she was going to be here soon. Boy were we wrong! When we arrived I was dilated to 3 with contractions 5 minute apart I was admitted and sent on a walking frenzy.

At about 1 a.m. my contractions were about 3 ½ minutes apart. These were hardly painful but the nurse offered me a pain killer and being as anxious as I was I accepted. Much to my dismay this completely slowed things down…my contractions went to 7-10 minutes apart and I was still only at about a 3 ½ cm.

I declined any more pain meds and let my baby girl do what she needed to do from there out. Only the nurses thought it would be a good idea to start the Pitocin to get things back on track. So I did some more walking in hopes that I would be dilated to 10 sooner rather then later.

Being that I have a high tolerance for pain I decided to wait it out when my contractions were 2 minutes apart and I was dilated to 4 cm. Again I wasn’t the shot caller, Dr. Borsari came in to check me and decided she was going to get me to 5cm and break my water…this was by far the most painful part for me. My body went into convulsions which my nurse was not a fan of so she sent in the anesthesiologist to give me an Epidural.

Once the epidural kicked in I was progressing rather quickly and it seemed like minutes till I was pushing. The nurse thought it would be about an hour before I would be ready but I felt the pressure and knew my baby girl was ready.

I was so anxious to be done with it all and hold my baby but I couldn’t think about that right then, it felt like there was a bowling ball sitting on my rectum and I wanted it off. So I pushed a few good ones and in no time the doctor was back in my room looking at my babies head. 1 ½ pushes later and my girl was here. Finally, it only took 21 dang hours (Really it was only 4 hours off painful labor)

That was it, I was done, all that bitching while being pregnant had come to an end. My baby girl was here and that little cry had us hooked.

Kaelen Patri Jones

May 9th at 8:35 p.m.
7 lbs 19 inches

...and gorgeous

No comments: