Tuesday, August 19, 2008

3 weeks in

So the first 3 weeks have been easier then expected. My little punkin sleeps and sleeps and sleeps some more. Of course she has turned me into a walking boob which is not so much fun, but...for as creeped out as I was about breat feeding I totally dig it now. It is one of the most amazing and emotional experiences, after birth of course. There is something so amazing about being able to hold your baby in your arms and giver her everything she needs. We took Kaelen to her first doctors appointment with much to talk about. She is in the top 4 percent for growth. Being born at 7 lbs, dropping to 6 lbs 11 oz and then back up to 8 lbs 9 oz and growing almost 2 inches in two weeks is pretty good! I guess I've been doing my job!

Kaelen is starting to focus on her toys hanging from her car seat and she lights up when she sees her Daddy's face. Even though I know she doesn't know it, or even have control over it yet...she smiles, she smiles in her sleep and it has got to be one of the most precious things ever. I like to think she is dreaming of me when this happens but...it could just be gas!
I can't believe that she is 3 weeks already!

No comments: