Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Talk, Talk, Talk

Kaelen is officially over a year old, which by most opinions makes her a toddler. (HOLY CRAP)

Daddy took her for her 1 Year shots and check up without Mommy. This was the first, and hopefully last, appointment I have missed. I guess it’s a good thing that Daddy gets to do a few things on his own with his daughter but I am not so much a fan of not being there. I think I called him 3 times during her less then 20 minute appointment.

At 13 months my Doodle Bug is weighing in at 17 lbs 6oz and is 28 ½ inches tall. According to the Doc she is average but petite and she had some advice to help us out with that…GET RID OF THE BOTTLE! I wanted to tell her to take a look at Kaelen’s parents…both Kyle and I were scrawny little things with Chicken legs and knobby knees. And P.s. I’m short!!!

Of course it was in my plans to have Kaelen off of the bottle at 12 months but May was too crazy to take that from her too. So, today we started, well I hope Daddy started. No more bottles during the day, not even for naps, one for bed at that’s it, and a month from now, none at all.

Have I mentioned that our daughter is incredibly smart??? And this must come as no surprise, given her who her momma is, a talker. She picks everything up so dang fast. She knows where her nose is and her belly and the eyes and her favorite…lips. She says tree when we’re outside and cat when she’s squishing the poor thing. So tries to say puppy, has purple to a T, is still working on yellow but knows and can tell you that all the colors are pretty. She can ask you what’s that (at least I know it’s what she’s saying) and then tell you it’s a ball…it’s always a ball. Of course she’s got Daddy and Momma, Nanna and Bahbah and she’s trying to say cup…just before throwing it across the room :)

I think it’s time to start reading to her at night, I have been waiting for this for months! She’s becoming a little person, a little cuddly, want to sit on your lap and hold your face, person. I am in love with this phase and am sooooo excited to teach her everything I can!

No comments: