Monday, October 26, 2009

All too familiar

Here we are at 11 weeks, for the second time, and everything is right on track.

(it varies in size depending on my blatter and my food intake, funny huh)

The icky morning sickness is starting to subside but, lucky me, I am still feeling pretty crappy half the time. I can’t wait to have the first trimester behind me and be past this stage. I am constantly tired and my moods swing so much I can’t keep up, thank heavens for Kaelen and being preoccupied! So far everything has been the same with #2…except the excitement. Now I know that sounds bad but hear me out…

I never understood it when I would see other couples going through it, I thought it rather strange that they could be so blasé about having a baby even if it was their second or third and now I totally get it. It’s not because I will love Kaelen more then the Nugget or she is more special, it’s just that every feeling I will or will not have this time I have already had with Kaelen. I know what to expect even if they say every pregnancy is different. I know the changes that are happening from week to week and what to expect with each month, now that’s not to say I’m not excited, I just see it coming now. I guess when they say, there’s nothing like the first time, it applies to everything…even pregnancy. I almost feel guilty, like I’m not being fair to #2 but I’m sure those are just my crazy pregnant emotions coming into play. I am almost too busy with Kaelen right now to remember half the time that I am even pregnant and for right now I am thankful of that! I can say this though… I am beyond excited for Kaelen to go through this process with me! I cannot wait for her to actually see my tummy grow, or see the Nugget kick and finally understand that there is a baby inside Mommy. She is beyond smart and into everything, she wants to know how and what everything does and I’m sure that my growing baby bump will be no different…at least I hope not! I hope she is as into the changes that are going to happen as much as I am cause there really isn’t anything like growing babies...even if you’ve done it all before!

P.s. She still says “No” when we ask her if she wants a brother or if she wants a sister and I guess we’ll just chalk that up to her not knowing what’s going on. But, Lord, help us if she really wants neither!

P.s.s. It really stinks that I was just about down to where I wanted to be, got the pre mom bod back and now it's going to be shot all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: