Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Pumpkins...Oh My

So last night we ventured out to the pumpkin patch with Kaelen and our brown child (Eliana) for what was supposed to be a fun filled outing!!

Halloween is pretty much on of my favorite times of year and with Kaelen being much bigger this year I was really looking forward to the whole process of picking out a pumpkin, taking it home and getting all the gunk out, making a mess together and carving it with Daddy. Kyle had already helped Eliana with her pumpkin and Kaelen was super into it once it was done and the candle was lit so I was super pumped for our turn.

We get to the pumpkin patch after swooping by Grandma’s and stealing her to come with and Kaelen at first glance is excited. She’s not scared by the enormous inflatable slides or the LITTLE petting zoo, she’s her typical 1 ½ year old self eager to get down and explore. Which made me all sorts of happy! Things were going great, we were looking at pumpkins, Daddy found the biggest one, Auntie Holly showed up to help look, AND THEN the CHOO CHOO. If you have spent 10 minutes with Kaelen you know that she loves all things Broom Broom, she even has a pink toy Choo Choo at home that she adores…but this one was NO GOOD!!! It scared the itty bitty crap out of her and after the first time around I couldn’t let go of her. It circled the pumpkins and drove her to hysterics. Kyle and I didn’t so much understand it and had to laugh at our poor scared little baby.

Look at her body curl backwards towards me at the mere thought of me putting her down…so sad and cute!

Overall it wasn’t soo bad, Grandma found us a super cute pumpkin, Mommy got a cute white and green one for décor and we all got out of the house. Now for the fun part….carving! More to come!

Daddy get me, it's coming again!

No comments: